Sunday, April 11, 2010

Kidney Infection

So, I woke up today with a horrible pain in my back and right side, a headache, and feeling sick to my stomach. Thinking it would go away with some coffee and Tylenol, I got up and got ready for church. During the course of the morning the pain got more and more severe. I was in tears by 12 and we decided to go to the doctor.

Turns out after urine tests and blood work that I have a kidney infection. Man, never thought these could be so painful. The doctor gave me an antibiotic shot, antibiotic meds, and some pain medicine. I was told to drink lots of water and stay home from work tomorrow. I then had to call work and tell them what happened, and they were very understanding. I have taken the medicine, drank the water, and boy oh boy I am still in severe pain! The doctor told me that if I wasn't better in a couple days to come back and they would check for stones.

I am really hoping I start feeling better, don't want to miss anymore work. I am already taking off Friday so Dave and I can go to a worship conference in Florence. I think I am just going to stay in bed all day tomorrow, although I know I will be tempted to do housework, I did dishes tonight, probably shouldn't have pushed it, but they were driving me crazy! Nurses make the worst patients!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Anyone from interested to know some major causes of neck pain then you all click on the given link and read our new blog post.