Friday, August 22, 2008

TGIF!

So, it's Friday. Yay. One week down, many more to go. Today was good. I came home from Long Beach and "tried" to read Adult Health. I say "tried" because it is impossible to read and follow that book. It is ridiculous. I mean, who wrote that doggone thing. It's one of those books that you read until your eyes are glazed over and then you are like "Oh my gosh, I have no idea what in the heck I just read." Yep, that's Adult Health Nursing for you. Tomorrow Peds and Leadership are going to be tackled. That is the plan anyway.

Clinical starts next week and I am nervous. It always freaks me out. I am trying to relax about it. I have a nice instructor and it's pediatrics. I love kids! I just never had to convince one to take medication for me or give one a shot when 3 people are holding them down. Ahhh...it will be an experience.

So, anyway, I know I talk about school a lot. I am sorry. I can't wait until the day when school doesn't consume my life. That will be great. On a side note, I am currently reading The Shack, if you have never read it, you need to. It is amazing. It has changed the way I see God and think about Him. It's a very interesting and different book, but fascinating. You cry, laugh, and everything in between while reading it.

God just overwhelms me sometimes. His hand on my life is so amazing and He has blessed me far above what I deserve. I can't imagine my life without Him. Sometimes when I get to thinking about my blessings I just breakdown. I just feel like I don't deserve them. I worry and whine and complain so much. I have to get on God's nerves sometimes. But, you know what, He lets me complain to Him. He holds me, lets me cry, gives me peace and then usually straightens me out. I am so glad I don't have to "do" anything to earn His love. He just wants me to accept it. That is so beautiful to me.

So many people think that if they mess up God is up there with a giant lightning bolt ready to get them. Nope, He is right there with open arms ready to help you up and hold you tight. He doesn't expect perfection, He knows we are human. All He wants us to do is try our best in everything we do, put Him first, and others second. He even will give us the strength to do it. We just have to be obedient!

No comments: