Wednesday, November 5, 2008

God is in control!

So, Obama has won. He is definitely not who I voted for or wanted to see in the White House. It has absolutely nothing to do with the color of his skin. Grow up, people. I am concerned with the actual issues. I do not agree with Obama's morals, his lack of experience, or his views on healthcare.

I pulled up to the Grove last night about the time the results came out that he won. People were acting so immature. The Obama fans were running all over the parking lot screaming very inappropriate things and very offensive language. I don't understand that. If McCain had've won I would not be running around the parking lot acting so crazy. I wonder if those people actually agree with Obama or are just voting for him based on the color of his skin. In my opinion, voting for someone just because of the color of his skin is just as prejudice and wrong as not voting for someone just because of the color of his skin.

Anyway, there is absolutely nothing we can do now. I just hope this nation starts acting with class and stops acting like children. I love this country and will honor Obama as God would want me to, even though I do not agree with him. God is in control and this is not a surprise to Him.

Sorry if you do not agree with me. It's ok, you don't have to. But, this is my blog!

1 comment:

Shae said...

That is what I have been telling mom since last night. She is really worked up about all the things that are going to change with him in office including the chance that we as Christians may lose our right to say it is wrong to be gay and treated like we are some kind of gay basher or haters just for voicing that opinion. I agree that there is a chance for that but I'm not going to sit here and be frightened. I am going to pray and go on with my life and stand by the values that I know God has placed on my heart. I don't know if I will be faced with the day where I could be arrested for saying what I believe is true but if I keep God with me it doesn't matter. I will get through anything society thoughts at me with Him on my side.

The world is getting worse not better. We know that is what is going to happen because the Bible tells us. We just have to pray harder and stay focused on the prize at the end. No amount of worrying is going to make things better only God can do that and He doesn't worry for a minute.

I will be interested to see if all the Christians that decided he was worth the change (funny pic at the top btw) still feel that way when there freedoms are slowly taken away by a man that many have predicted to be some sort of pre anti Christ. We will just see.