Thursday, May 6, 2010

Nurse Appreciation Week

So this week is Nurse Appreciation week. It is very nice that this day exists, nurses work very very hard with very little appreciation. Because basically we take care of cranky, sick people. It can be a very frustrating job, but it can also be very rewarding.

I cannot believe it has almost been a year since I have graduated, wow, time flies. And let me just say nursing school is nothing like nursing. Not even close. Nursing school is a breed of it's own, yuck.

So the hospital gift to us was these really cool bags (three of them) for groceries. They are really big and insulated to keep hot foods hot and cold food cold. I really love them, it will be great shopping with them. They also gave us a porcelin (sp?) travel coffee cup. Both the bags and the cup have a Children's logo on them which is the best part. I am so proud to work for a hospital that does so many great things for children.

Happy Nurse Week everyone! Go hug a nurse!

2 comments:

Shae said...

HAPPY FIRST NURSES DAY!!! I saw the cards yesterday while shopping for Mother's Day cards and thought shoot, I wish I had known. Just the same I hope you had a great day and here is a great big HUG!

Jessica said...

Awww! Thanks girl!