Monday, May 3, 2010

Just a job...

So, I am having a hard time at work. I just dread it, it's so hard. I know, I know, I am new and it will get better. That is what everyone says, but not sure it will. It is so different than "real nursing". I loved floor nursing in practicum, but this is just crazy. I keep thinking it's because it is just new and different, but what if I never like it?

To tell you the truth. I just want to be a stay at home wife. I want to be able to cook, clean, and have time to work on stuff that I want. Our apartment is a mess, I never feel like cooking, and I am miserable all the time. Is this normal? There is just no way right now that I can quit, we need the money.

My husband says to look at this as "just a job". To let the criticism and stress roll off my back and to just go for the paycheck. As sad as it is, I am just going to have to take his advice. I care too much. I care that I am miserable, that I feel like an idiot, and that the kids I see are really sick...ughh, not been a good day!

2 comments:

jhelene said...

I have been in the "just a job" period with my employer. Luckily, for me it got a little better, and I know that in my specific situation there will future changes that will make it better still. I don't know if it will get better there for you, but I know this part sucks. And the thing is, with jobs that are emotionally taxing (like your's and mine), it is really, really hard to just go for the pay check. I think that is because not only are we giving 40 hours each week plus our physical efforts during that time, we are giving part of emotions to it as well. I say that to say that I will pray for you that things will either get better or God will provide something else.

Jessica said...

Thanks girl, I will be praying for you too. You are right, it is very tiring both physically and emotionally. Love you!