Monday, May 17, 2010

Pain in the....back?

So...woke up about a week ago with pain so bad that I could hardly move. My first thought was that it was my kidneys again. Turns out after tests, that it is not my kidneys, but some sort of back pain. It is unbearable. I haven't been able to work in over a week and I am so annoyed to have to be laying in bed all day!

I went back to the doctor today and he took x rays, gave me more medicine and a steroid shot, and is setting me up with an MRI sometime this week. He thinks my job might have put strain on my back. It involves a lot of lifting, bending, standing, and picking up kids and it may not be something I can physically do.

However, not sure what we are going to do if I lose this job. I will have no health insurance and David and I will both be without an income! Yikes! Please pray for us, I am scared, but I know God is in control! love you all!

5 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

My goodness.....I thought David works at the school? What happened? I will be praying for you.

Jessica said...

basically, Kingwood is going to be cutting out Bible, so they have no need for a Bible teacher. We were schocked. He is looking for full time jobs, but it is hard to find right now!

~Crystal~ said...

A Christian School cutting out BIBLE!!! What in the world? Makes no sense.

Jessica said...

I know. They are going to try to incorporate Bible into the rest of the courses and save money by not offering Bible class! Now we are looking for full time ministry opportunities...keep us in your prayers!

Shae said...

"A Christian School cutting out BIBLE!!!" That was exactly my thoughts when you first told me. I guess it just shows nothing is safe when budgets get in the way.