Tuesday, January 13, 2009

First day back!

Today was the first day of my last semester of school. It's amazing how nice everyone is when they know we are about to graduate. Haha.

This semester is not going to be bad at all (knock on wood!). I only have three classes (one class only meets 3 times the whole semester). All of my classes are on Tuesday, so that works out. I hardly have any tests, but I ended up with several papers.

The biggest thing will be Practicum. We have to work 200 hours with our nurse. Which seems like a lot, but when you think about it...you could get it done fast. I mean within a month or two, working 12 hour shifts.

I am SO ready to be a "real" nurse and move on with my life. I am also a little nervous about growing up and making it on my own. WOW! That will be a tad different! Ahhh!

2 comments:

~Crystal~ said...

Hey Jessica!
I saw a certain city show up on my site meter & asked Staci C, if she knew who it may be & she said You! I had totally forgot that you follow my blog & I had been meaning to stop by & say "HEY!"
How exciting to be almost done with school. (which I can not believe) Are you planning on staying in the Mobile area for a job?

Jessica said...

HEY! I read your blog religiously! You have me addicted! LOL! I am totally excited to almost be done with school. In fact, I get to go pick out cute scrubs today. I have always had to wear a white uniform, so this is a BIG deal. I am thinking pink ones and bright colored ones (I am going to be working in Pediatrics this semester!)

Anyway, I will probably stay in this area when I graduate. My boyfriend is the worship pastor in a church in Mississippi. So I might move there! Thanks for writing!