Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Since Moving...

Since Moving to San Antonio (here after reffered to as "SA"), I have:

1) Got everything unpacked and settled, well except for that one box full of misc stuff that I have no idea what to do with
2) Met a TON of amazing people at Valley Hi Assembly of God.
3) Joined the Choir and "trying" to learn how to read music, I suck at it!
4) Got my hair cut off!
5) Realized how HOTTT it is in Texas...that's one of the reasons for the haircut.
6) Fallen in love with our apartment complex and the trash man who comes to our door every night to collect our trash (how awesome is that?)
7) Found out that like 5 people I know are pregant, man, must be something in the water!
8) Realized being the "Worship Pastor's wife" isn't as intimidating as I thought.
9) Fallen even more in love with my Laila, she and I have become close
10) Missed my family and friends every single day
11) Come to realize why God brought us here, my husband actually has a job that he loves!
12) Got my temporary Nursing License in Texas, permanent one is on the way!
13) Signed up with Mollen to give flu shots in the fall again this year, hopefully will give me time to find a really good permanent job
14) Visited Schlitterbahn and want to go back when its not so crowded!
15) Experienced SA food, oh my, its amazing! Such yummy mexican food!
16) Went to the RiverWalk and really want to go back, just haven't had the time.
17) Shopped at H.E.B. Grocery Store, oh my goodness, amazing! People in Alabama, you have no idea the deals this store has and the HUGE selection!
18)Learned to adapt in a different church, I miss Kingwood terribly, but am learning to love my new church as well
19)Spent my first day as David's secretary the other day! So much fun, going to try to do it about once a week! I get paid in kisses! :)
20) Started to love our new home and realize why God put us here!

3 comments:

Shae said...

Lol, one box of stuff you don't know what to do with. Try 30 or so of those then we'll talk.

Also, love the "getting paid in kisses" thing.

So glad things are going so well. Still miss you but hey, I've been doing that anyway. I know how hard that part of moving can be but sometimes the blessing that come with it help the feelings fade, never completely but it gets better.

Can't say much about the heat. I still think of bama as the hottest place on earth. I fell kind of bad being up here complaining about how hot it is with our mid to upper 80s heat. At least you should have a nice winter and can laugh at me when its 5 degrees and snowing again lol.

Love ya

Jessica said...

Haha. Yeah, we will have a MUCH warmer winter than you guys! And getting paid in kisses is the best! (well only when it's your husband, any other time just would be gross!) :)

Staci said...

So glad you love it there. We loved our time in SA too. I'm sure in time you will meet people from our church. :-)And yes HEB is awesome. I miss that store. I loved so much about it. I got spoiled to it! When I first moved to Texas they laughed at me b/c i didn't know what the HEB was. Some lady told me to turn by the HEB and I said THE WHAT? They cracked up at me. Like I had just said Where is TExAs? LOL. Anyway- take in all the culture- its all amazing. You make me miss it so..