Friday, August 6, 2010

Nap, Toothbrushes, Shrek, & Bubbles

Today has been a nice lazy day. I love that my husband has Fridays off. It is so nice having extra time to lay around, watch tv, and just chill with each other.

We spent the morning with Laila and in our jammies. It was awesome. We watched I Love Lucy, Everybody Loves Raymond, and Racheal Ray. We ate lunch here and just chilled. After lunch, I napped. It was a great nap, I woke up with a lot of energy and not feeling yucky, like I do sometimes after a nap.

Then we went to Target. It was one of those midweek trips for all the little things you realized you were out of and needed before the next grocery run. Our list included: new toothbrushes, toilet paper, mouthwash, and dryer sheets. Exciting, I know. David also bought me a new purse that was only $10 and is super cute.

Next we went to the dollar movies. We have this dollar theater (well, actually $1.50) that is fairly nice, close to home, and is such a cheap way to have a little fun. We saw the new Shrek! It was really cute and also kind of sad that this is the last one.

After that, we headed home to free Laila! David decided to take a shower and then give her a bath. Well, she got away from him and ran to me in the living room soaking wet and freaked out. Poor baby, I wrapped her in a towel and held her for a few minutes. Next thing I know, David is calling to me telling me to come to the bathroom for a minute. I relunctantly went in and was amazed at what I saw:

-A bubble bath drawn that was piping hot
-My robe hanging on the hook waiting on me
-A towel for my head to rest on
-Candles
-A book

We have one of those really big bathtubs. I love it, one of my favorite things about our apartment. David knows how much I love bubble baths but he has never set one up for me before. He then left me in peace and I just got to relax. After a few minutes, he came back with a big glass of diet coke! Ahh, my husband is the bomb. He rocks. I soaked in that tub for at least 45 minutes, maybe longer. I feel so relazed, perfect end to a perfect day!

1 comment:

Shae said...

Awe, how sweet. When we first started looking for a house out here we were asked for our top five requirements. One of the things we actually ended up with was the big tub. Once you have one you never want to go back. One of Aunt Janet's apartments had a huge one, like the size of a kiddy pool. The only thing we miss is in alabaster we had jets and we don't now. We have talked about getting a new one put in someday but who knows when. Anyway Enjoy it and especially enjoy having a hubby that will do something so sweet while it last lol.