Saturday, August 7, 2010

Pet Peeves

I have quite a few "quirks", I guess you could call them that. Or maybe I am just plain weird. Here are some of my pet peeves/quirks:

1) Spoons from restaurants...just thinking about all the people I don't know putting their lips on the same spoon just grosses me out...I always try to find a plastic spoon or just hardly let my lips touch the spoon
2) Couples that are SO clingy...this annoys me. I love my husband, but I do not hang all over him in public. Holding hands or a quick peck is just fine.
3) Parents who brings their kids to a movie theater and lets them just scream the whole time. Seriously? We paid to watch this movie!
4) Odd number dates. I hate any date that ends in an odd number...except for fives. Because you can count by fives. I know this is very stupid, but I can't help it...I would never choose a wedding day that ended in a 1,3,7, or 9. September 25 is fine, though. Explaining this during wedding planning is very hard, BTW, they all looked at me as if I was crazy. Maybe I am.
5) People who always say they have no money and always seem to be struggling, but then you see them with IPhones or expensive new clothes or even a new car. I know it is none of my business, but do they just not get it?
6) When you smile at someone and they do not smile back. That is just plain rude and it makes me mad!
7) Cotton balls...I hate the feel of them. Pulling one apart just gives me the willies. I can't stand it.
8) Fake people...people that smile at you or are really sweet to your face, but it it just feels very fake...can't stand this, would rather them just not even smile at all.
9) Drawn on eyebrows. Do they really think they are fooling anyone?
10)Fake flowers. Hate them...now, I do have some fake greenery in a vase on my mantle, but that's as close as I can get. I just do not see the point in fake flowers. Yuck, why? Just why?

4 comments:

Shae said...

Ok, so instead of trying to respond as normal I am going to respond to each individually.

1. Don't get this one at all. I mean I under stand the using something hundreds of others have used but why spoons. Are you ok with forks, sheets in a hotel, bowling shoes?

2. Agree for the most part all though having never been in love I can't say for sure that I wouldn't do the same. Though I will say I myself am a little uncomfortable being around someone else that is, as you put it hanging all over each other.

3. I think about everyone would agree with this except for maybe the parent of those kids.

4. This is freaky but me too! I am so not a odd number person and yet 5's are fine. That is what doesn't make sense to me. I mean, you can count by anything but what is 5 ok and 3 isn't. Anyway it is nice to know I'm not the only weirdo.

5. I have always felt this way. I don't know what to say. I guess there is this thing that when you have no money most of the time you want to treat yourself when you have a little extra cash. It is hard to know that someone maybe missing payments on there house or something but has the latest electronics or expensive clothes (I can't stand spending a lot on clothes and it drives me nuts when other people do).

6. Agree, wouldn't call it a pet peeve of mine per say but I don't like it and typically say some about it as I walk away or drive off.

7. Ok, I might understand this one with more detail. I have found in shopping that there are two types and one is stiffer and unpleasant but the others are so soft and nice. I have found in the last 10 year the nice ones are really hard to find and that is one of my major pet peeves, having a nice product on the market and replacing it with crap.

8. Yep, fake sucks, I would rather deal with real mean the fake nice.

9. Ahh, and now we are in the age of tattoo eyebrows, had a class with someone that had those. Just weird.

10. Why, you want to know why, I'll tell you why, because some of us like flowers but can't afford to replace them when they die every week. Even planted ones are no good for me as I seemed to be born with a black thumb and even thing I try to grow dies! Sorry, I get the not liking them as well, trust me, one of my biggest pet peeves is how fake, fake flowers look (we can make all kinds of fake things that look real, why not flowers) but I will still take some fake flowers to no flowers.

Now for just a cute antidote I have always wanted to have a cute little pet bird (don't know why but it just seems to fit a bird to me) and name it peeve so I could go around saying this is my pet peeve! Just thought I would add that.

Jessica said...

Haha...best comment ever!

1) No, forks don't bother me, or sheets, or bowling shoes. Just spoons. I don't get it either.
2) I can promise you, you would not be hanging all over someone you love...save that for when you are in private :)
3) Yes, and my kids will always behave perfectly...haha
4)I am SO glad you get this...no one else does!
5)I understand someone treating themself, but I would feel too guilty about digging myself deeper in the hole
6)Not really a pet peeve, but is getting on my nerves lately. People seem to not get this in SA, or maybe I am just too smiley!
7)This one makes no sense to me either. Just the feeling of pulling apart the fibers sends chills down my spine. I have no idea.
8) Yes, absolutely
9)I have seen that as well, gag.
10) I agree on some level...if fake flowers did look real, then I would get the point. But, if everyone knows they are fake, I just dont. Maybe we could suggest making them look more real to some big shot, we could be RICH!

Love you! Thanks for all your thoughts! MWAH!

Haven said...

I just shuddered at the thought of pulling apart a cotton ball. Ugh. That's on the same level for me as the ridiculous noise styrofoam makes when it rubs against something... especially other syrofoam. It just makes me want to cry.

Jessica said...

Oh yes, that is a bad one! I hate that, almost as bad as fingernails on a chalkboard!