Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Things I miss in Bama!

Here is a list of everyone and everything I miss about Alabama, in no particular order!

1) My Parents
2) Emma Sue
3) My brothers
4) My Sister in law, Katie
5) Kingwood Church
6) Friends that I have had since childhood
7) The small town feel of Alabaster, SA is a BIG city!
8) Worship at Kingwood
9) Our Sunday School class
10) Publix
11) Any place with white cheese dip, here we only have yellow!
12) The Galleria
13) My doctor...I need to find a good one here
14) Sunday lunch with the family
15) Sno Biz
16) Moes, can't believe they don't have one here :(
17) Having friends and family close by to hang out with
18) Joes Italian, man, no place like this exists anywhere else!
19) Helping out in Epoch and our small groups
20) Seeing familar faces around town, not sure if that will EVER happen here, just so big

We are loving SA, but there is no place like HOME!

3 comments:

Shae said...

I know the feeling, and share several of those even after like 7 years maybe 8?

I still miss bumping into people around town. Shortly before we took our final move we bumped into my dance teacher at publix which was so nice and that was the last time that has happened. Well, to be honest I did see a girl from my psych class at kmart one day but we didn't talk as I saw the back of her going in as we were leaving. It does add to the loneliness when you feel live everywhere you go you are alone, even being surrounded by tons of people.

I too miss the white cheese thing, we have a few places that have it here but no ones is anywhere near as good as del toro. I am attempting to make a homemade version I found a recipe for online, I'll let you know if its any good.

Most of all I hear you on the not having friends nearby to just hand out with. Even being as involved with the church as you guys are it must be hard, when every you are the new ones coming in you end up feeling like everyone has there own life going on and you are intruding when you try to join into it. I don't know anyone at our church here, well one girl I met in speech but she goes to the later service and mom like the early. I find myself sitting around thinking I would love to just go see a movie with someone, I can't see to get mom or dad interested to going to more then one a quarter lol. I would love to go to the dollar place weekly but by myself is no fun. You are really blessed in that you have your best friend there going through all this change with you. In time the fades from home sick almost all the time with little distraction to take your mind off it to living your life with little distractions of home sickness. Still not fun but better then the other.

So I wanted to call you today but I just realized my phone is dead so I'm gonna go plug it in and try later. Love you!

Jessica said...

Yes, I am SO blessed to have David here going through all the changes with me. I am never really alone...don't think I could do this by myself. Really hard as it is!

Staci said...

As far as a doctor goes, I can tell you the BEST OBGYN on the planet works in New Braunfels and is worth the drive... her name is Melissa Miskell, and she is with Women For Women OBGYN. There is only one other lady there- Dr. Keeli Sumbo- but I'd go with Melissa Miskell, she's a christian and does missions work and is just outstanding. She delivered both Chloe & Jack and if I could have afforded to make the drive back and forth every time, i would have for Eli too! Anyway- tell her I sent you. She'll be great to ya!