Saturday, August 14, 2010

Schedule!

Ok, so I have been falling behind on my housework lately. Yes, I have been sick, but it was bad before then. I am not working for a few more weeks and when I am not working my job is keeping this house up. My husband was coming home to a messy house after work and that wasn't fair.

Yesterday, I started feeling better and just couldn't stand it anymore. It wasn't FILTHY, it was just cluttered and needed a deep clean. After taking my Laila to the vet, we went and bought cleaning supplies that I needed that I was running low on. I then cleaned straight for 4 hours. Wow, that is sad to say considering the size of our apartment. Washing dishes took at least an hour, because we had a problem with our dishwasher and they were covered in this white crusty stuff. (Not sure what happened, but the dishwasher is now fixed and my dishes clean after TONS of scrubbing by hand)

Some of that was laundry too...the rest was dusting, scrubbing, sweeping, mopping, etc. My husband helped with the dishes and vacuumed for me (our vacuum kills my back)I am sick of a full day like that, want my house to just stay clean. I am so happier when I have a clean house. Literally, I am in a better mood.

Anyway, I decided to start a cleaning schedule for everyday of the week. So, with less than an hour a day (sometimes a little more) my house will stay clean. I will have to work on laundry a couple times a week too, but that doesn't consume much time. Here it is:

Monday: Bathrooms (sinks, toilets, bathtubs)
Tuesday: Ironing (worst day of them all)
Wednesday: Sweep and Mop Kitchen and Bathrooms
Thursday: Kitchen (stove, all the little nooks and crannies, frig, etc)
Friday: Dust
Saturday: Windex all mirrors

Sunday is too busy to schedule anything. Really gonna try to stick to this, will make my life so much easier if I can do it!

No comments: